Friday, March 11, 2016

Seasons, Metaphors, literature as enhancement to life, Wuxia, routines, industry goals, rejection is not the end, nostalgia X 3, Kitty Training, The Importance of Imagination, Bitter heals, Learn from those who don't know, What guides you?, Gulliver's Travels, NotSoCommonDivination, Who is a Leader You Could Respect?, Castle In The Sky, Phoenixes and more!

The stage between hardcore winter and spring is like that awkward stage right before actually saying, "Yes, I need a haircut." It doesn't look great or feel quite right, but it seems to be a necessary step.

If you're focusing on getting to the weekend, stop what you doing now, it's not worth it. Although, maybe there's a different reason for why so many people mention the days of the week like they are milestones? Maybe it just goes along with our metaphor that "life is a journey (with a starting point and a destination)", and we've cropped each week with a beginning and end to maintain that metaphor week after week.

Making literature not an escape from, but rather an enhancement to life.

Jin Yong and Wuxia.

How culture screams through literature, which is both wonderful and agonizing.

How repetition leads to habit, which leads to affecting others when others are involved, for better or worse. Pay attention to what you do consistently.

Routine/predictability in the world and universe.

Industry fuels and exploits wants. Life has needs. Industry bases itself off demand, not need, usually. Perhaps industry works on the understanding that needs can be satisfied, but wants are insatiable? Hmm.

I think I'm one of those people who will be better understood after I'm dead.

Twice in my life I have told people who have had a romantic interest in me that they will find someone else. They never believed me. But today, both of those men have found someone else, and one of them married the girl he started dating after I denied him. People move on. Rejection is not the end of the world.

That one time as a child that I made a comic about a ghost monkey...

That other time I wrote mystery plays...

And those days when I used to walk to class in college while keeping my nose in a book. Yep. #AccidentWaitingToHappen

I apologize just a little bit for being that person who posts pictures of her cat all of the time.

Kitty training is hard. But part of me wonders whether it just might be better if she doesn't learn her name, ya know? "The Name which can be named is not the Eternal Name." Oh, Master Kitty.

The strange consideration to fein stupidity in order to prevent other people from being intimidated.

Observation gained over the last few months: How employers don't seem to understand that even though you just started working for them, that doesn't necessarily mean you are "just starting your career".

Never lose the importance of imagination. Keep it with you always, in your pocket, or in your imaginary handbag that is shaped like a dragon, smells like musk and oranges, and is stored in your pirate boot.

Raison d'etre. I should write mine, but it wouldn't have any words.

Why do bitter things heal?

Choose your influences wisely.

"You know that one can fly with wings: you have not yet learned about flying without wings. You are familiar with the wisdom of those who know, but you have not yet learned the wisdom of those who know not." - from The Way of Chuang Tzu

What guides you? Morality? Curiosity? Belonging? Desire? Needs? Something else?

What causes different artistic movements?

The two faces of Pride.

"Undoubtedly, philosophers are in the right when they tell us that nothing is great or little otherwise than by comparison.” ― from Gulliver's Travels

Sometimes I learn about the past, present, and future by reading the swirling ginger fragments in my tea. #NotSoCommonDivination

I keep asking myself what it would be like to be governed by a leader who I really respect. I feel like America would do a world of good to ask that question too. Not just asking, "Which candidate out of those presented to me is the one I could support?"

Loverly: https://youtu.be/LRVU5iSLFso

"Now I understand why the people of Laputa vanished. This is a song from my home in the valley of Gondoa that explains everything. It says, "Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring." No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love." -- from Castle in the Sky

Excited to have our second visitor from Florida!! ^_^ So good to see Nick's sister! We made Coco's Ichibanya-inspired curry together tonight, and it was awesome. :-)

"Life is a road, and I wanna keep going. Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing on. Starting out on a journey..." - Life is a Road, Anastasia. Metaphors. Metaphors. Metaphors.

Sleep is death, sleep is reviving, sleep is when we all get to be phoenixes sans flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment